Waldport Planning Department

Land use planning services are divided into two parts, current planning and long-term planning. Current planning services provides assistance to the public regarding zoning and land use inquiries, assistance and processing of building permits and land use applications for planned developments, subdivisions, partitions, conditional uses, variances and other land use actions. Long-term planning includes preparing amendments to the Development Code and Comprehensive Plan; preparing land use, transportation, and park plans; grant writing; and other planning-related matters. The City's Planning Commission meets monthly to review land use applications and draft amendments to the City's Development Code. Any amendments are then referred to the Waldport City Council for adoption.

The City's Planner, Larry Lewis, is available on Mondays and Fridays, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For general questions regarding zoning, property owner information, code requirements, etc., you may also contact City Recorder, Reda Eckerman. The City of Waldport contracts with Lincoln County Planning for building inspections. The following is the process for obtaining a building permit:

Building Permit Process

1. Applicant completes application including the building application form, contractor's responsibilities, and drawings (3 sets of drawings), manufactured home placement form (if needed), and a plot plan. Application forms are available at Lincoln County, City offices, or online at Lincoln County Building Applications. Note that the City of Waldoprt requires a garage or carport to be built with all new single-family residences.
2. Applicant submits application to Lincoln County Building Department, 210 SW Second Street, Newport, OR 97365.
3. County reviews application to ensure all information has been submitted, and then forwards the application to the City.
4. City reviews the application for compliance with code standards, water and sewer availability, and determines applicable System Development Charges (SDCs) and water/sewer hookup fees. Applicant submits water/sewer SDC and hookup form and pays all required fees to the City.
5. Once the application is approved by the City and the applicant pays required SDCs and hookup fees, the City forwards the application to the County.
6. Lincoln County reviews the application for structural, electrical, plumbing, mechanical improvements. Once the County approves the application, they contact the applicant to pick up the building permit and pay the County fees.